Pages

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Nirvana Sneaker Review


I have finally been able to try out my new sneakers!!!!!!
I was lucky enough to be invited to take part in an awesome opportunity.  I received a pair of Mizuno sneakers as part of the Mezamashii Run Project.
I found out about the Mezamashii Run Project through my friend Jen.  
'Mezamashii' means "eye-opening" or "brilliant" in Japanese.

In Mizuno's words:

Mizuno believes their shoes can help runners achieve the mezamashii feeling more often, so they're inviting thousands of runners to receive a free pair of shoes and join their quest for the brilliant run.

Check out more information on The Mezamashii Run Project.

I called the 800 # that I found on the Mizuno site and spoke with someone who helped me choose the correct sneaker for me.
I was really glad that customer service was as awesome as it was, because I have never tried out Mizunos.  They aren't common at most shoe stores and I don't usually go to the specialty stores (but I should).  I picked the Wave Nirvana 8.
I chose this particular sneaker, because my feet overpronate. 

I received the sneakers by mail 2 DAYS LATER!!!!  I was so excited to try them out. 



And then the rain began.  I was not going to take my brand spankin new sneakers out in the rain.

My daily schedule only leaves me a few mornings per week to get out and run, so I'm limited to begin with.
Then there's rain.
And then the baby got sick.  :( 
It took me a while to get out and run in my new sneaks.

Last Sunday......I was finally able to get out and run!!!!! 
Woo HOo!!!! 
I love my early morning runs (even on Sunday, although my husband may not love that I get up so early  LOL).  This way there isn't much traffic, the temp is still cool outside and I can get home and usually shower before the rest of the family gets up .

LOVE THE SHOES!!!!!! 
I sometimes have a little nagging knee pain from my overpronation and these shoes changed that.  I thought they kind of looked a little funny at first (kind of like those 'toning' sneakers :P).  But that look is only on the inner part of the sneaker, where I need the support. 


They felt like little clouds on my feet.  Sooooooo comfy and I only ran 3 miles, but they stayed super comfy.  I didn't want to take them off, but they must be saved for running only.

I love the  color combo.  Pink is one of my fave colors.

Another added bonus:  I didn't have to double knot my shoes.  I ALWAYS have to double knot them, even when they are brandy new. 


I can honestly say that these Mizuno sneakers are my favorites so far EVER.  I am honored to be part of the Project.

Everyone!  Go check out the Mezamashii Run Project.  At the very least,  make sure you give Mizuno a try the next time you need running sneakers!!!!!!!





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how awesome that you were selected! they're a fantastic color!! i've been running in mizunos for a while now and i love them :)

Katie said...

I've never worn Mizuno shoes, but my last two pair of running shoes were pink and grey. I love the combo too!